CITY OF BELLEVUE 2011 VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD NOMINATION INFORMATION
The City of Bellevue Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has given unselfish and dedicated service to a City or non-profit program, which has resulted in a significant contribution to the Bellevue community.
Award: The City of Bellevue Volunteer of the Year will receive an individual award honoring their achievements, and the finalists will receive an award certificate to be presented by the Bellevue City Council; furthermore, their names will be posted on our web page, and sent out in news releases.
Criteria: To be eligible for consideration for the City of Bellevue Volunteer of the Year Award, the nominee shall:
- Have provided enthusiasm, assistance, and/or specific expertise resulting in a significant contribution to the Bellevue community
- Have served as a volunteer of the nominating program for at least one year
- Be a person of good reputation in their community, who has demonstrated support to their community through service to their volunteer organization.
- Have received no remuneration for services directly associated with his or her volunteer duties
Nominations: Any person or organization with knowledge of an individual's efforts in these areas may nominate that individual. There is no fee to nominate individuals for this award. One to three finalists will be selected from each group of nominees by an impartial panel of judges. Honorees will be announced in April during National Volunteer Week.
- City Program Volunteer—A volunteer who serves a City of Bellevue program.
- Community Volunteer –A volunteer who serves a local non-profit organization or agency with a significant impact to the Bellevue community.
Other categories may be designated at the committee’s discretion.
How to nominate: Complete and submit the attached nomination form and any supporting material by March 25, 2011 to: Volunteer of the Year Award Nominations, Attn: Shelly Shellabarger, PO Box 90012, Bellevue WA 98009-9012. Or submit via e-mail to Volunteer@Bellevuewa.gov. All nominations must be received by March 25, 2011 to be considered. Call 425-452-5375 for more information.
-- Information from Shelly Shellabarger, city of Bellevue Volunteer Program Coordinator