WHAT: The 29th Annual F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash, covering nearly four miles of city streets under the shadow of the Space Needle at the Seattle Center with a 17,000 person sea of green.
WHEN: Sunday, March 17, 2013
Staggered start times begin at 8:00 a.m. through 9:00 a.m.
Dash Day Schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. – New York Life Leprechaun Lap, a one kilometer dash for children ages 10 and under
- 8:30 a.m. – Dash starts in four waves to reduce crowding on the course. Start corrals are situated between 3rd Ave. to 1st Ave. on Mercer St., along the north border of Seattle Center
- 9:30 a.m. – Leprechaun Lap Awards & decorated stroller parade in the Seattle Children’s Museum
- 10:15 a.m. – Awards Ceremony and Costume Contest at the Main stage
- 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Post Dash Bash featuring Redhook in the beer garden, sponsor booths and live entertainment, including the Stout Pounders.
WHERE: Seattle Center
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109
DETAILS: Run, walk, jog or crawl to celebrate the arrival of spring and the Irish in us all. The 29th Annual F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash will take place on Sunday, March 17, 2013 under the shadow of the Space Needle at the Seattle Center an expected 17,000 will turn out to support Northwest children’s charities. All net proceeds of the Dash will support the Detlef Schrempf Foundation, which has contributed more than $450,000 to local non-profits from this event. This year’s beneficiaries are Camp Fire USA Puget Sound Council, Seattle Children’s Autism Center, Rise n’ Shine, and the Healing Center.
The Dash course is nearly four miles starting and finishing around Seattle Center. The Dash begins in four waves to reduce crowding on the course and includes the “Leprechaun Lap” for children ages 10 and under. This event is more than just a race, with many activities throughout the day for participants of all ages beginning at the starting line with appearances by dignitaries and junior bagpipers and ending at the finish line with the Post Dash Bash featuring live music, a costume contest, awards ceremony, sponsor booths, beer garden, and Irish festivals.
For additional information, or to register for the St. Patrick’s Day Dash, please visit www.stpatsdash.com.
About the Detlef Schrempf Foundation
Founded in 1996 by Detlef Schrempf and his wife, Mari, the DSF is committed to supporting organizations that provide hope, care and assistance to Northwest children and their families. Since its inception, the foundation has raised more than $12 million through its charity events.
About F5 Networks
Seattle-based F5 Networks is a global leader in Application Delivery Networking (ADN), focused on ensuring the secure, reliable, and fast delivery of applications. For more information, go to www.f5.com.