BELLEVUE -- The Bellevue Breakfast Rotary Club raised more than $100,000 for children's and autism causes with its annual Bellevue Run Sunday.
More than 2,000 people were registered for the 10k/5k courses, which could be run or walked, and for the Kids Dash, which took place on the path of .
That was twice as many participants as last year, said John Martinka, Bellevue Breakfast Rotary fundraising chair and president-elect.
Moving the race downtown from the Crossroads neighborhood, the addition of a 10k course, and adding new sponsors and fitness and health-related vendors contributed to a "good buzz" that attracted runners' and walkers' attention, Martinka said.
"When you have sponsors like Starbucks and Overlake (Hospital Medical Center) and Children's Hospital, as well as our other sponsors, people take it as a serious run," he said. Other vendors included local fitness stores and chiropractic clinics and different health foods and products.
(Bib number, name, city of residence, chip time)
- #2009- Tiffany Albright, Gig Harbor, 40:08
- #2640- Susan Pappalardo, Kirkland, 40:52
- #2654-Kelsey Boys, Seattle, 42:27
- #2592- Joseph Gray, Federal Way, 31:06
- #2096- Kirby Davis, Portland, Ore., 32:45
- #2763- Glen Weissman, Bellevue, 33:34
- #328- Joan Lindell, Kirkland, 20:49
- #685- Claire Hoffman, Bellevue, 20:56
- #596- Karra Whitmire, Bothell, 21:21
- #845- Grant Stein, Renton, 18:04
- #434- Ray Prentice, Normandy Park, 19:35
- #64- Carlos Brito, Sammamish, 19:41
-- Results by Rogue Multi-Sport LLC