Registration is open now for the annual Bellevue 10k, 5k Run-Walk and Kids' Dash.
The event on April 29 is a fundraiser by the Bellevue Breakfast Rotary Club for the Seattle Children’s Autism Center and . The non-competitive, half mile Kids Dash is open to kids ages 10 and under. Check out last year's coverage, when the . You can register now online.
April 12: Mother’s Day Thursdays at
- 9:45 a.m. box office opens, 10 a.m. movies begin
- Parents enjoy a first run movie with a non-crawling baby in tow in theaters with the lights up a bit, sound down a bit to keep the moms and babies happy. Strollers are welcome and the concession service comes to your seat. Movies showing this week, Titanic in 3D, The Raid: Redemption and Mirror Mirror.
- Cost: $7.75 per parent and the baby is free!
April 12: Story Time with Carolyn at the
- 11 am to Noon
- For ages three to seven
- Enjoy a story time followed by a session of drawing and painting then juice and cookies!
April 12: Game On at the
- 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- For teens
- Drop in and get your game on or hit the books. You can hang out with friends, study, play video games and pick up a great book – all in the same place.
- Cost: Free
April 13: Family Adventures in Nanotechnology at the
- 6 pm to 7:30 pm
- For ages five and up.
- Join scientists from Seattle’s Hub for Industry-Driven Nanotechnology Education (SHINE) to learn about all things really, really tiny. Explore how nanotechnology works through fun hands-on demonstrations and experiments.
- Cost: $20 per family for members, $25 per family for non-members
- Register online.
April 14: Dads Meet-Up at the
- 10 am to Noon
- Bring the kids and meet up with other dads to explore the museum and enjoy a special activity.
- Cost: Free with paid admission or membership. Pre-registration requested online.
April 14: Kids’ Cove Concert with Nancy Stewart at
- 11 am
- Enjoy a family-friendly concert in the Center Court with local children’s singer and songwriter Nancy Stewart.
- Cost: Free
April 14: Get Crafty Saturday at the
- 1 pm to 3 pm
- For ages four to twelve.
- Design your own beautiful wooden picture frame to hold a special moment in time inspired by Dirk Staschke sculptures in the current BAM exhibit Falling Feels a Lot Like Flying.
- Cost: $2 materials fee per child or free with admission
SAVE THE DATE
April 29: 6th Annual Bellevue 10K, 5K Run Walk and 1K Kids’ Dash at the
- This family event sponsored by the Bellevue Breakfast Rotary Club raises funds to support Seattle Children’s Autism Center and Kindering.
- The non-competitive, half mile Kids Dash is open to kids ages 10 and under.
- Register now online.
- Need some spring break boredom busters of art supplies, craft kits and activity books? Save 20% off your entire purchase at Michaels at with the online coupon.
- Good through: April 14, 2012
Family Weekend at the
- Enjoy the weekend with your family at the Bellevue Embassy Suites. Package includes a two-bedroom suite, room service dinner of pizza and beverages, movie of your choice, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and free parking.
- Your kids will love playing in the heated indoor swimming pool.
- Cost: $149 Register by calling 1-800-EMBASSY and mention offer code PK5.
- Good Through: Ongoing