Get back to Bellevue's agricultural past this weekend with Wild 'n' Wooly Sheep Shearing.
Families are invited to see sheep being shorn of their winter coats, and enjoy spinning demonstrations, children's crafts, tractor rides, pony rides, food and more, according to an announcement from the City of Bellevue parks department.
The event is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, rain or shine, at Kelsey Creek Park, 410 130th Pl. SE.
While admission is free, there are costs for food and some activities. Food and some of the activities will cost $1 to $3 and bring cash because there is no cash machine at the park.
is at 410 130th Pl. SE. Free shuttles are available at the Wilburton Park-and-Ride, 720 114th Ave. SE, and Bannerwood Sports Park, 1630 132nd Ave. Details are available in the city's community calendar, or you can email the park email@example.com.
If hanging out at the farm isn't your family's thing, here are other activities going on in Bellevue this week.
April 26: Game On at the
- 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- For teens
- Drop in and meet your friends to play video games, study, pick up a great book or just hang out.
- Cost: Free
April 27: Paint me a Story at
- 10 am to 10:20 am and 10:30 to 10:50 am (two identical sessions)
- Enjoy a story time with painting with instructor Gretchen Crossley.
- Cost: Free
April 28: Dads Meet Up at the
- 10 am to Noon
- Bring the kids and meet up with other dads to explore the museum and enjoy a special activity.
- Cost: Free with membership or paid admission. Pre-registration recommended online.
April 28: Get Crafty Saturday at the
- 1 pm to 3 pm
- For ages four to twelve.
- Design your own beautiful wooden picture frame to hold a special moment in time inspired by Dirk Staschke sculptures in the current BAM exhibit Falling Feels a Lot Like Flying.
- Cost: $2 materials fee per child or free with admission
May 2: Play & Learn at
- 10 am to 11:30 am
- For families with kids ages two to five with an adult caregiver
- Gather around at the Market Stage every Wednesday morning to enjoy songs, stories, art and games.
- Cost: Free
SAVE THE DATE
May 5: Fancy Nancy Tea Party at
- 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Enjoy crafts and refreshments.
- Cost: $5 To reserve your spot call 425 453-8959.
Kids Eat Free Tuesdays at
- 5 pm to 10 pm
- One free kids meal with the purchase of a full priced adult meal.
- And come back on the weekend from 9 am to 11 am for the Big Deal Breakfast menu with all items only $6.99.
- Good Through: Ongoing
- Swim suit sale with suits for the whole family starting at $14.99.
- Good Through: April 29, 2012