EVENTS FOR FAMILIES, July 13, 2011 – July 20, 2011
July 16: Guided Canoe Trip Through the
- 8:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Explore the beautiful Mercer Slough Nature Park by water with your family. Bellevue Park Rangers lead the canoe trip that begins and ends at the Boat Launch. You’ll see how this amazing ecosystem functions as you travel into the heart of Mercer Slough Nature Park, a 320 acre wetland. With a little luck, you may catch a glimpse of the otters, herons, turtles and other wildlife of Mercer Slough. Kids must be age five and up and there must be one adult caretaker present for every two children. Some paddling experience required and participants are required to paddle a distance of 4 miles.
- Cost: $14 resident, $16 non-resident Pre-registration required by calling 425 452-6885 or online.
July 16: Get Crafty Saturday at the
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Kids can create a “cultural creation” from a variety of materials inspired by the museum’s current exhibit featuring the ceramic sculptures by Wanxin Zhang.
- Cost: $2 materials fee per child or free with admission
July 19: Letters to Juliet Showing at the Bellevue Summer Outdoor Movie Program at the
- Seating open at 7 p.m., movies begin at dusk (around 9 p.m.)
- Bring your tween and teen girls to this chick flick rated PG. Take a low backed chairs or blanket and come early to participate in a People Scavenger Hunt.
- Cost: Free but consider bringing a donation of diapers, laundry soap, cleaning products or personal hygiene products to benefit the clients of the featured charity of the night, the Eastside Domestic Violence Program. The series continues through August 23 and a schedule of upcoming movies is available online.
July 20: Movie Express at Crossroads Regal Cinema
- 10 a.m.
- Enjoy a PG rated movie at the each Wednesday this summer for just $1. Playing this week is the Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything – a Veggie Tales Movie. This is a fun, family movie with catchy tunes and enough humor for the adults to keep you entertained as well as the kids. Best for kids under age ten.
- Cost: $1
July 20: Kids Cove Story Times at
- 10:00 a.m.
- Debbie Deutsch presents Sizzling Summer Stories at this week’s story time. Get to the Kids Cove on the third floor of Bellevue Square via the center court elevator.
- Cost: Free
Outdoor Summer Fun Sale at
- Deal: Sale on Coleman tents, camping chairs, life vests, boats, fishing equipment, Coleman cooler on wheels and pool toys
- Good Through: July 16, 2011
Open to the Public Tuesdays at UW Surplus
- Noon to 6 p.m. at the UW Surplus Store, located across from University Village at 4515 25th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98105-4280
- Deal: Are you going to be furnishing a home office soon or helping a new grad move to his or her own place? Then you might be pleased by the deals you’ll find every Tuesday at the UW Surplus Store. Furniture, file cabinets, desks and tables are all available for sale here, some for as little as $10. Photos of available items, parking instructions and payment options are all available online on the store’s website.
- Good through: Ongoing every Tuesday.