EVENTS FOR FAMILIES, Sept. 7–14
Sept. 10: Stories on Saturday at in downtown Bellevue
- 11 a.m.
- This week's story times celebrates grandparents. Featured stories are Berenstein Bears and the Week at Grandma’s, Just Grandpa and Me and Fancy Nancy–My Family History.
- Cost: Free
Sept. 10: Guided Canoe Trip Through the (via )
- 8:45 a.m.-noon
- Explore beautiful Mercer Slough Nature Park by water with your family. Bellevue Park Rangers lead the canoe trip that begins and ends at the Boat Launch. You’ll see how this amazing ecosystem functions as you travel into the heart of Mercer Slough Nature Park, a 320-acre wetland. With a little luck, you may catch a glimpse of the otters, herons, turtles and other wildlife of Mercer Slough. Kids must be age 5 and older, and there must be one adult caretaker present for every two children. Some paddling experience required and participants are required to paddle 4 miles. Questions? Call 425 452-7225.
- Cost: $16. Pre-registration required by Sept. 9 by calling 425 452-6885 or online.
Sept. 10: TEDxRedmond at the Microsoft Conference Center
- 1-7 p.m.
- This event is organized by local teenagers and will bring tweens and teens together to hear from amazing youth speakers who are changing the world and share ideas with each other on how to create positive changes locally and globally. Parents, educators and teens are invited to attend.
- Cost: Students younger than 18 are free; college students, educators and parents are $12. All attendees must register online.
Sept. 14: Student Wednesday at the
- 1-5 p.m.
- Students of all ages are invited to visit BAM for free every second Wednesday of the month.
- Cost: Free for students with the online coupon.
Sept. 14: Teen Docent Information Meeting at the
- 4-5:30 p.m.
- Is your teen looking for a great volunteer activity where the hours served will count toward their school’s community service requirement and he or she will be developing new skills? Then the Bellevue Arts Museum’s teen docent program might be a great fit! A docent is a volunteer guide, teacher, art enthusiast and a link between the public and the museum. Attend this no-obligation meeting to hear what this program is all about. Open to teens age 14 to 19. Questions? Call-425 519-0770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cost: Free
at Redmond Town Center Going Out of Business Sale
- Deal: book stores around the country are going out of business. It is the final days for the book store and everything left is now on sale for as much as 80 percent off. Also on sale—all store furniture and fixtures including bookshelves, tables, chairs, electronics and much more.
- Good Through: Limited time
ExploreStore at the in Back to School Sale
- Deal: Museum members enjoy up to 40% off selected museum store items.
- Good Through: Sept. 11