It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Bellevue Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- When/Where: 7-10 p.m. Friday, April 20, at in Bellevue.
- Why Go: Wind down from the week's craziness with some friends, wine and great jazz. The Collaborative Works Jazz will be performing all night long. Get there early to grab a good seat and to take advantage of the 4-7 p.m. happy hour.
- Pricing: No cover.
- When/Where: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 21-22, at.
- Why Go: Visit the Bellevue Botanical Garden this weekend and witness exquisite floral arrangements created by members of the Hua Yuan School of Chinese Floral Art.
- Pricing: Free.
- When/Where: 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at in Bellevue.
- Why Go: If laughs is what you’re after this weekend, you won’t have to travel very far to get them. Check out this video of Owen.
- When/Where: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday through Sunday, April 20-22, at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Celebrate Earth Day and Farm Fun at Dr. Maze’s Farm this weekend. Choose from the herb and lavender plant starts for your garden. Attend classes on herbs, lavender, chickens, and goats. Enjoy activities including mazes, crafts, classes, demos, Dr. Maze's Rubber Duck Races, hayrides, refreshments and more. The Farm Tots theme is Earthworms for Earth Day.
- Pricing: $8.
- When/Where: 2-11 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at in Redmond.
- Why Go: The BoneBat "Comedy of Horrors" Film Fest is the place to go for the finest independent Horror/Comedy entertainment. The festival features three feature films, a variety of cinematic shorts as well as live music from Kirkland’s nerdcore rap kingpins Death*Star.
- Pricing: $30.
- When/Where: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at in Redmond.
- Why Go: Volunteers are invited to join in on this family-friendly volunteer event at Westside Park. Remember to dress for the weather and to wear boots or comfortable athletic shoes. Volunteers should bring a refillable water bottle as well as snacks, tools and gloves. Training will be provided.
- Pricing: Free. Please RSVP (the earlier the better) by email@example.com.
- When/Where: 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, April 19-22, at the Village Theatre in Issaquah.
- Why Go: If you haven’t caught Village Theatre’s production of It Shoulda Been You, this weekend will be your last chance. The Village Theatre always puts on a great show and this musical comedy should be no different. Enjoy the show!
- Pricing: Tickets range from $35 to $50.
- When/Where: 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday, April 21, at in Sammamish.
- Why Go: Celebrate Earth Day by volunteering to clean up Beaver Lake Park. This volunteer event is best for families, groups and volunteers of all ages.
- Pricing: Free. Register here.
- When/Where: 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Sunday, April 22, at .
- Why Go: Come get some exercise for a great cause at the first annual Boys & Girls Club Sammamish 10K/5K. The event will include a chip timed 10K, 5K, and a 1K “Fun Run” for youths. You can even race John Curley! If you can beat him, he’ll donate $1,000 to the Boys & Girls Club in your name! Register here, then visit www.ibeatjohncurley.com. Good luck!
- Pricing: Registration is $30. All proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club Sammamish.