Bellevue's newest official neighborhoods -- Eastgate, Tamara Hills, Horizon View and Hilltop -- will be celebrated Thursday night at a family-friendly event at the South Bellevue Community Center.
The “One City” party will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the (14509 SE Newport Way).
The event will combine food, fun and festive activities with information about city services, according to the city of Bellevue:
- The community center will showcase a sampling of its recreational and fitness classes, such as zumba, tai chi, belly dancing, spinning and rock climbing.
- Bellevue firefighters will offer a close-up look at their equipment, and help youngsters dress up in fire gear.
- Police officers will take photos of kids on motorcycles while parents get information about crime prevention.
- Transportation Department staff will be on hand to talk about traffic issues, while the Transportation mascot, PedBee, engages kids in a traffic safety game.
- Other staff will offer interactive displays on such topics as neighborhood outreach, mediation, code compliance, customer service, conservation and recycling, business licenses and taxes, development and permits.
Complimentary food and beverages will be provided through the generosity of local business sponsors: at Eastgate, Coca-Cola and at Factoria.
Door prizes are donated by the Seattle Mariners.
During the event, the South Bellevue Community Center parking lot will be devoted primarily to parking for senior citizens and people with disabilities. Free parking and shuttle service will be provided just across the street at , 14230 SE Newport Way.
following a citizen-led petition-gathering drive and transition from King County to City services. The annexation of Hilltop will be official on July 31.
The annexation means the city will grow by about 5,400 new residents, 1,850 households and 700 acres, according to information by the city of Bellevue. That is a larger area than the last major annexation, of the 523-acre West Lake Sammamish neighborhood in 2001, according to city staff.
If you go
The “One City” party will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the (14509 SE Newport Way). Free parking and shuttle service will be provided just across the street at , 14230 SE Newport Way.
-- Information from the City of Bellevue