1. Today marks the beginning of Ramadan, an important holy month of personal reflection for Muslims. The holiday, which runs through Aug. 29 this year, is marked by fasting during the daylight hours, prayers, and reading of the Qu’ran. If you are interested in learning more about Ramadan or the Muslim faith, the welcomes non-Muslim visitors.
2. will be offering free admission to all active military personnel and their families all summer as part of the National Endowment for the Arts’ Blue Star Museums program. Present your military ID between Memorial Day and Labor Day, to enjoy KidsQuest Children’s Museum free of charge.
3. Volunteers are needed to drive senior King County Group Health members to necessary medical appointments. Drivers decide when, where and how often they drive. Mileage is reimbursed. Commitment is flexible. Drivers must be 21 or older, have a clean driving record, and own a reliable, insured vehicle.
4. It’s time to test your knowledge at Trivia Night at the , 15600 NE 8th St., Bellevue, at 8 p.m. .
5. Looking for a way to let go of stress at the end of your Monday? , 13850 Bel Red Road, offers a drop-in Buddhist Meditation class every Monday from 7-8:30 p.m. For pricing and more information, .