It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Bellevue Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Sat, Nov. 12 at the .
- Why Go: Get a jump start on your holiday shopping at this Annual Holiday Bazaar from the Samena Swim & Recreation Club. You’ll have the opportunity to shop some of the eastside’s finest crafters, vendors, and small businesses. This is a great way to find that special unique item for gift giving this holiday season.
- Admission is free.
- 7-10 p.m. on Sun, Nov. 13 at the .
- Why Go: If you've ever wanted to learn to swing dance, this Sunday might be the best time to try it out. Eastside Swing Dance another one of their Sunday Swing Dances at the North Bellevue Community Center.. The dance starts with free group lesson from 7:00-7:30 p.m. and then you'll get to dance the night away. Not sure Swing Dancing is for you?This clip of Eastside Swing Dance in action might change your mind.
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the.
- Why Go: The StoryBook Theater will make their return to Kirkland with a production ofThe Boy Who Cried Wolf this weekend at the KPC. So grab the kids and introduce them to hilarious world of musical theatre.
- Tickets are $9.
- Where/When: 6-9 p.m. on Fri, Nov 11 at the .
- Why Go: Technology nerds from all around the Seattle area will unite in Redmond on Nov. 11 to poke fun at each other during this Geek Roast fundraising event. At the Geek Roast, attendees will get to take jabs at a local tech nerd while sampling drinks and appetizers and taking part in a live auction. The roasted guest of honor will be determined by an online vote click here for a rundown of the nominees and a chance to cast your vote.
- Pricing: Tickets to the Geek Roast are $40 per person. To register for the event or find more information, visit seattlegeekroast.com.
- 12-6 p.m. on Sat, Nov. 12 in Issaquah (13038 205th Pl SE).
- Get a jump start on that holiday shopping and buy local at this Holiday Trunk Show. Featured local business include: Lisa Boyce Jewelry, Steve's Sawdust Factory, Thirty-One, MamaLuvs, Sew Worthy, Lemondrop, My Mama's Love, Nonny Baby, Restoration House Interiors, Cedar River Cellars, and Block Talk by Kim.
- Admission is free.
- Why Go: Get some of your Holiday shopping done while supporting a great cause this Saturday at the Redmond Athletic Club during their Northwest Benefit Holiday Arts Gift Show. The show will feature 45 local and regional artists including painters, potters, photographers, woodworkers, jewelry, home decor, glass art, holiday ornaments, fiber arts, gift baskets and more!
- Pricing: Admission is free. Proceeds from this event benefit the Liberty Road Foundation.
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Sat, Nov. 12 at .
- Why Go: Buy, sell and donate toys at Islander Middle School this Saturday during the Mercer Island Preschool Association’s 2011 Toy Swap. Find out more about the Toy Swap at the MIPA’s website.
- Admission is free. 35% of sales fund MIPA charities and operations. Donate and get a tax-deductible receipt.