The Mega Millions jackpot was at $640 million with a lump sum value of $462 million. This Mega Millions jackpot broke its own record three times this week making it the largest jackpot in world history.
Officials initially set the estimate at $476 million after Tuesday night’s drawing, then the jackpot rose to $540 million on Wednesday, $540 million on Thursday, before settling on $640 millioin today.
Washington’s Lottery is asking everyone, what would you do if you won? Below are a few examples of what Washingtonians could do with the lump sum cash payout of $462 million, but be sure to share what you would do with @Washington’s Lottery on Twitter using the hashtag #IfIWon!
- Give the 6,830,038 Washington residents $67 each
- Give full-ride four year scholarships to 5,239 students at Washington State University or University of Washington
- Take 6,695,652 people on a whale watching trip around the Puget Sound
- Buy Mariners season tickets for 450,731 fans
Also, if someone in Washington wins the top tier or second tier Mega Millions jackpots, the retailer who sold the winning ticket will also win! That retailer will receive a:
- $50,000 retail selling bonus for selling a top tier Mega Millions jackpot ticket
- $10,000 retail selling bonus for selling a second tier jackpot with Megaplier (prize of $1 million)
- $2,500 retail selling bonus for selling a second tier jackpot (prize of $250,000)
For more information on Mega Millions and other Washington’s Lottery winners, please visit www.walottery.com.
-- Information from the Washington Lottery.