It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Bellevue Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: Daily through Jan. 8 at in Bellevue. Visit www.magicseason.com for Ice Arena hours.
- Why Go: This is the last weekend for ice skating in Bellevue’s Downtown Park. So grab those skates and try your hand at some ice skating fun before it’s too late.
- Cost: Admission is $10 (includes skate rental).
- Where/When: 7 p.m. on Sun, Jan. 8 at in Bellevue.
- Why Go: This competition is open to all Barista's pouring on the east side of Lake Washington. Come and see if you have what it takes to win, or just come as a spectator for this unique competition.
- Cost: Free for spectators, $10 buy-in for competitors.
- Where/When: 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Sat, Jan. 7 at the Visitors Center in .
- Why Go: Join a ranger to explore the natural history of Lewis Creek Park this Saturday. Look for signs of local wildlife, and learn what to do when encountering animals in the wild.
- Cost: All ages welcome. Free. No registration is required.
- Where/When: 3 p.m. on Sun, Jan. 8 at the .
- Why Go: Join the Washington Wind Symphony this Sunday at the KPC as they present traditional favorites from the iconic composers of wind ensemble repertoire, such as Vaughn Williams, Brahms, Holst and Grainger. These familiar favorites are sure to satisfy the wind band lover in you.
- Cost: Adult: $13, Senior: $5, Youth: $5
- Where/When: 8 p.m. on Friday, 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Saturday at in Kirkland.
- Why Go: Looking for some laughs this weekend? Check out Brian Scolaro’s stand up show at Laughs in Kirkland this Friday and Saturday night. Brian is absolutely hilarious! Check out this Youtube clip of him in action so you’ll know what you’re in for.
- Cost: Tickets are $15.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at the in Redmond.
- Why Go: Join the Church of The Holy Cross this Saturday for their Green Elephant Plant Swap. Bring your treasure troves of seeds, pots and labels to winter-sow perennials, trees and shrubs. These pots of seeds then go outside for cold treatment which breaks the seeds’ dormancy. Come spring they germinate in profusion. For this event, potting soil is provided. Bring your pots, seeds, labels to share. This year we will propagate hardwood cuttings of various native and ornamental shrubs. You can also divide and re-pot houseplants at this event.
- Cost: Free
- Where/When: 10-11 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 7 at in Woodinville.
- Why Go: Join Dr. Dazey as she explains how and which indoor plants work overtime to detoxify the air, reduce stress and ease depression. Plus, learn about the power of aromatherapy and the joy of incorporating indoor plants into your home.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: Saturday and Sunday.
- Why Go: Bank of America is helping its customers celebrate the new year through Museums on Us, giving bank cardholders free admission to the Northwest African American Museum, the Seattle Art Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum.
- Pricing: Free. Just show the museum your Bank of America debit/credit card.