Overlake Medical Center will be holding a free Community Health Fair at Overlake Medical Center's Main Campus in Bellevue on Saturday.
Attendees at the free clinic can get answers to important health questions and receive free cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes health screenings. The clinic is designed to help people in local communities familiarize themselves with local primary care physicians while getting important, potentially life-saving, health screenings.
According to the Overlake Medical Center's website, screenings will be done on a first come first serve basis.
- Blood pressure checks.
- Blood glucose testing for diabetes. Fasting recommended, but not required.
- Cholesterol screenings. Fasting recommended, but not required.
- Vascular screenings. For those 50 or older, who are not already being treated for a vascular condition, have high blood pressure or a history of smoking.
- Carotid ultrasounds.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) ultrasounds. Fasting is recommended, but not required.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) / leg pain screenings. For those who experience pain with exercise, which is relieved with rest.
- Body Mass Index (BMI).
- Target heart rate assessments.
Additional information and experts:
- Robotic surgery demonstrations.
- Cancer Resource Center.
- Overlake physicians, cardiologists and surgeons.
- Childbirth Center tours at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Diabetes services.
- Nutrition tips for people on the run.
- CPR and automatic external defibrillator (AED) demonstrations by the Bellevue Fire Department.
- Giveaways and refreshments.
For more information, check out the Eastside Vitality Health Fair website at http://www.overlakehospital.org/health-wellness/eastside-vitality-health-fair/
If you go
Eastside Vitality Health Fair, 9 to noon, Overlake Medical Center, 1035 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004