You've been married for a while, you awake one morning, look over at the other side of the bed and begin to wonder, "Who is that?"
This is a pretty good indication that the two of you have reached "mid-marriage," the curtain is ready to rise on the next act in your relationship.
If you were to take a marriage and family inventory you would notice that children are mostly grown and flown, the sacrifices you are making on behalf of family and career are growing less valid, and you are seeing renewed availability of time and money to spend on yourselves and on each other.
You have something else as well.
You have an extraordinary opportunity to recreate your marriage and lay a new foundation for the next stage of your relationship.
Mid-marriage is the ideal time to take a moment to:
- Take a look back at who you have been for each other
- Acknowledge your achievements
- Hold a party to celebrate accomplishments
- Close the book on the past and go on to
- Lay a new foundation for the next decades of your lives (together or perhaps apart)
Relationship Literacy counseling will support you help you do all of this, and more.
What do you want, who do you wish to be over the next 20 years of your life?