.

Update: Kettle Fire at Bellevue High School Extinguished

The Bellevue Fire Department responded to a construction related kettle fire at Bellevue High School this morning around 9 a.m.

The Bellevue Fire Department responded to a fire at at 9:06 Friday morning, at the school in as many weeks. 

According to Fire Department spokesman Lt. Troy Donlin, the construction superindendent on-site spotted the fire about 20 feet from the east side of the school's building and called police immediately. 

The source of the fire was an overheated tar kettle. The temperature in the kettle reached over 650 degrees which, according to Donlin, is hot enough to ignite a fire. 

Firefighters extinguished the fire pretty quickly, said Donlin, but engines will remain on-site until the kettle cools down in case another fire breaks out. 

There were no injuries. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »