ABC News reporter Neal Karlinsky reported on Good Morning America this morning that he received emails from an email address belonging to Julia Biryukova, the mother of missing toddler Sky Metalwala.
Biryukova reported her two-year-old son Sky missing Nov. 6. She said they left their home in the in downtown Redmond that morning, and she was taking him to in Bellevue because he was sick. . She said she left the sleeping toddler in the car while she and her daughter walked about a mile to get gas. When she and a friend returned to the car, the toddler was gone.
Over the weekend, police searched the Kirkland's Watershed Park, though Monday, police told reporters that items found and investigated there were of no significance.
Bellevue police have said that, including the car trouble that she reported. Furthermore, police say that .
According to ABC News' Karlinsky, the messages from the email address belonging Biryukova says that her ex-husband, Solomon Metalwala, knows something about the child's disappearance.
"My former husband is a sadistic Muslim Pakistani," the emails stated, according to Karlinsky.
"I’m praying on my hands and knees every day for my Sky," she wrote, in repsonse to Karlinsky asking her via email what would help bring Sky home.
For the record, Solomon Metalwala, who has submitted to Bellevue Police department lie detector tests and has organized searches for his son, is not a Muslim.
Biryukova has not been interviewed directly by investigators since her son's disappearance, according to the Bellevue Police Department. The that could spark new tips of any sightings of the family in the weeks leading up to the boy's disappearance.
However, court documents obtained by King5 television on Monday recorded a contentious custody battle between Metalwala and Biryukova, with Metalwala pointing out that Biryukova had a history of involuntary commitment to a mental health facility and that she had dreams of "strangling" their son.
To read other stories from Patch's coverage of Sky Metalwala's disappearance, click here.
Sky Elijah Metalwala
- Age 2, 2’10” tall, 39 pounds, black hair, brown eyes.
- Sky was last seen on Nov. 6, 2011, in the 2600 block of 112th Ave. N.E., Bellevue, WA.
- He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants and white socks.
- Sky was in the silver 1998 Acura Integra three door coupe pictured when he disappeared.
- Police ask anyone who was traveling Sunday morning along 112th Avenue Northeast, between State Route 520 and Northeast 24th Street, to please call the Bellevue Police tip line at 425-452-2564 or by email at email@example.com