Residents should remember to lock their car doors, the Medina Police Department advised, after a car prowl in Medina and three others just inside the Bellevue city limit that occurred early Friday morning.
According to the police department, sometime after midnight on Dec. 7, someone broke into a vehicle parked in a driveway in the 8400 block of NE 10th Street and a couple of items were taken.
The vehicle was likely unlocked as there was no sign of forced entry, police reported.
Medina reported that three other vehicles were prowled around the same time off of Lake Washington Boulevard Northeast at 10th Street, which is just outside the Medina City Limits.
Vehicle Prowl Prevention Tips
- Always lock your car doors and activate your alarm if it is equipped with one.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle especially if they are visible from outside the vehicle.
- Secure your vehicles in your garage if you are able to.
Holiday Crime Prevention Tips
- Do not leave presents or other valuables inside your vehicle. If you must leave them in the vehicle secure them in the trunk.
- Do not leave packages on your doorstep. If you know something is being delivered try to arrange to be home or have it left with a neighbor you know will be home.
- Try to pick up your mail as soon as possible after it is delivered.