Both directions of the State Route 520 floating bridge and highway and all ramps between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 405 will be closed the weekend of Sept. 16-19, according to the Washington State Department of Transportatation.
This closure is related to the . The closure is due to the removal of the west half of the Bellevue Way bridge, according to WSDOT, which will require the bridge to be completely closed.
The closures have started around 11 p.m. Friday and the freeways are scheduled for reopening the following Monday at 5 a.m.
The September closure is one of the scheduled weekend closures through November for work related to this project. Other closures have been in , and .
In Bellevue, the 108th Avenue Northeast on-ramp to eastbound SR 520 will remain open and in Seattle, the Montlake Boulevard ramps to and from SR 520 will remain open, according to WSDOT. State Route 520 will remain open between Montlake Boulevard and Interstate 5 in Seattle.
The State Route 520 Eastside Transit and HOV project is a $306 million project that will upgrade culverts, reconfigure the HOV lanes, add access for transit.
The $306 million SR 520 Eastside Transit and HOV Project will:
- Widen SR 520 and create carpool lanes in both directions.
- Widen the shoulders, so disabled vehicles will not block the lanes of traffic.
- Create three landscaped lids over SR 520, two with access to new transit stops.
- Add a bike and pedestrian lane to SR 520.
- Create environmental improvements, including improvements to streams and noise barriers.
The project is slated for completion in 2013.
The project hotline is 425-998-5200.
-- Information from the city of Medina, the Washington State Department of Transportation and Bellevue Patch archives.