Got questions about the upcoming consolidation of the ? Here are five things you should know:
1) The U.S. Postal Service plans to be ready to move to a new location by June 2013. The proposed location at 1919 120th Avenue Northeast is the only one that the U.S. Postal Service is considering after three other possible downtown locations were leased or sold before the agency could take an option.
2) The , which has been up for sale for several years, has been sold, and there have been buyers interested in the location on Bellevue Way in downtown.
3) The proposed location at 1919 120th Avenue Northeast would be about 10,000 square feet, and would have at least 5,000 post office boxes -- the number at the two locations combined -- and maybe more to accommodate new customers.
4) The proposed location would be a retail-only facility, where customers could mail packages, check their post office boxes, buy stamps, etc. The letter carriers would move to an existing mail processing facility in the Factoria neighborhood.
5) No changes are planned for the .
-- Information from Ernie Swanson, spokesman the U.S. Postal Service