Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna is scheduled to speak at one of two Bellevue rallies scheduled for Tax Day, April 15 (the traditional tax day) as part of protests organized by the Tea Party and other politically conservative groups nationwide.
Past Tax Day protests in Olympia in the past two years have attracted thousands who rallied in support of conservative policies.
McKenna, radio host Mike Siegel, State Rep. Glenn Anderson (R- Fall City), Bellevue Deputy Mayor Conrad Lee and others are scheduled to speak at the rally from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the lawn of Bellevue City Hall, according to the website for Song of Truth Foundation, a main organizer of the protest. Other organizers include members of the King County GOP, Washington Federation of Republican Women, the Eastside Republican Club among others. The theme of the rally will be "The Brave New Politics of Engagement," according to the event information.
Another rally, with the theme "Who Decides? and FAIR TAX," will be held from 5-7 p.m. on the corner of Factoria Blvd and SE 36th St. This rally is organized by the Issaquah/Sammamish Tea Party and the Renton/Kent Tea Party Patriots.
As in past years, activists plan to protest in Olympia that day, with a rally starting at 2 p.m. on the north steps of the Capitol Building (416 Sid Snyder Ave., Olympia).
If you go:
Bellevue City Hall
- Time: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Organizers: Song of Truth Foundation, Washington Conservative Enthusiasts, and others
- Featured speakers: Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna, radio host Mike Siegel, State Rep. Glenn Anderson (R- Fall City), Bellevue Deputy Mayor Conrad Lee and others
- Info: http://www.songoftruth.org/events/bellevue-tax-day-2011
Factoria (Factoria Blvd and SE 36th St.)
- Time: 5 -7 p.m.
- Organizers: Issaquah/Sammamish Tea Party and the Renton/Kent Tea Party Patriots
- Info: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168046393244626