Youth Eastside Services now offers classes using the positive parenting approach recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
In this series, parents will learn how to:
- Understand how personality and temperament differences affect your family.
- Support your teen’s developmental stage.
- Make the most of family time.
- Defuse power struggles by learning how to validate the emotions in your family.
- Learn how to create agreements with your teen.
- Communicate so both you and your teen feel listened to and understood.
- Teach your teen necessary life skills and that mistakes are opportunities to learn.
- Use encouragement to help build your bond with your child.
- Explore the use of family meetings as a way to reduce conflict.
- Use mutual respect and see behavior improve.
- Be kind and firm at the same time.